Tooth Extractions – Scottsdale, AZ
Removing Teeth as a Last Resort
As a dentist with a holistic background, Dr. Raiffe never wants to remove patients’ teeth. Unfortunately, though, there are times when it is the only option. As a last resort, our team at Shea Dental of Scottsdale will recommend tooth extractions in Scottsdale to avoid further harm to your overall health. We’ll also provide wisdom tooth extractions should your teenager need help to alleviate the pain forming in the back of their mouth. No matter the situation, you are encouraged to call us so that we can examine the problem area and make a recommendation that is in your best interest.
Why Choose Shea Dental of Scottsdale for Tooth Extractions?
- Wisdom Tooth Extractions Available
- High-Quality Tooth Replacement Options
- We Welcome Your Dental Insurance
When Are Tooth Extractions Necessary?
It is never the initial recommendation of our team to remove one or more teeth. We always strive to look for ways that we can save a tooth, but certain situations will not allow for other forms of treatment. This is when tooth removal must occur if more serious infections are to be avoided.
The most common reasons we might recommend tooth extraction include:
- You have a severely damaged tooth that cannot be saved with other restorative dentistry options (i.e., dental crowns, root canal treatment).
- You must undergo orthodontic treatment but have too many teeth in your mouth. For results to be successful, one or more teeth must be removed.
- Your remaining teeth are showing signs of severe decay, and you’re already discussing the option of how to best replace your missing teeth with dentures.
- Your teenager is suffering from wisdom tooth pain caused by impaction or inadequate space and needs their third molars removed.
- You are in the advanced stages of periodontitis (advanced gum disease) and signs of bone and tooth loss are occurring.